Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tek Tuesday ~ Embossing on Fabric!!

Hey there crafters...ughh what happened to Tuesday?? See what happens after a long weekend up here in igloo country ...Yes, we celebrated Victoria Day weekend (aka. May 2-4) what a hoot!! Fireworks, barbecues with good friends, the kiddies playing and having so much fun. So for this week's Tek Wednesday I found this very informative Tutorial here at Shelley's (aka. Scrappergirl). I never really thought about embossing on fabric to use with card making, I really have trouble thinking outside the box at times... hee, hee. I stumbled upon Shelley's blog looking for info on Embossing techniques. Her stuff is fantastic!! Check out her amazing Photography skills too...Shelley you rock!!

Kendra and I didn't didn't get much crafting in this past week...too much going on outside, kids soccer in full swing, barbecueing & relaxing with the neighbours, yard work, gardening... oh and also nursing husbands with a pinched nerve. Yes, Joe pinched a nerve in his back a week ago and we had to call an ambulance...it was pretty scary. He's coming along though, back to work today but taking it slow. So I've been playing nurse too Fink!! I did have to make a card this week for Joe's neice's confirmation...I realized other than our Angels we don't really have any religious images. So I drew an ornate cross that will be released next month at the Cafe store... here's our (My) card. Kendra helped lots...Thanks Kendra. I forgot, Kendra and I made coffee filter flowers after she posted last weeks Tek Tuesday...oh no that was Tek Wednesday too...hee, hee.






I'm really happy with the cross I drew very vintage looking. I used Kendra's Copics to colour the pearl drop. Here's a close up of the sentiment which is included with the cross and various other sentiments and occasions phrases.


There's one of the roses I made, I like how it turned out, I had a tough time with scrunching and poofing them as Kendra calls it. We both made about 7 or 8 each so watch for them on our cards.

Here's one more of the card laying flat. I love these tag nesties that my friendly neighbourhood craft store has. Kendra cut out a duplicate of this tag in box card to reinforce it because it hangs off the edge when the card is open. I inked the edges of it in Brown. The cross also with inked edges and raised up on pop dots. Because the two main elemnets are so ornate I used very little embelllies. The lace ribbon is from Dollarama.

While we were making that Kendra was also playing with her new "buckles" Nesties, I think that's what their called... She'll be here soon with pics. Kendra was trying her new embossing powders doing a few layers on box card, what a huge transformation. This is what ispired my Tek Wednesday Tutorial.


Wow this weeks flying by...see you tomorrow to announce this week's Feature Friday Winner!!...


Nurse Kelly & Kendra

1 comment:

  1. I am going to go check out this embossing fabric technique. I have embossed velvet ribbon before but not fabric.

    ReplyDelete