Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tek Tuesday ~ Etched Window Tutorial

Hey there crafters...Hope everyone had a great Mother's day on Sunday. Before I show you the tutorial I picked for this week I have to show you what Kendra and I worked on this weekend, Kendra and I got a bit crafty making some Mother's day cards together and few others.


Here is Kendra's card that she made for her mom... Kendra used the "mums" image available at the Cafe Store .


Kendra did a fabulous job colouring them with Copics first then prismacolours and OMS she stamped MOM with versa magic chalk ink then clear embossed it. I just love the ribbon she found in her stash and the rest of her embellishments, oh almost forgot Kendra sewed and it looks so good. I like the vintage look the card has... her mom will love it I'm sure.

Here is a card Kendra made for a bridal shower she has coming up...

It turned out really well, it`s funny how some cards just aren`t working out at the beginning then they end up being really great cards. Kendra used "Piper n' Prince" from the Cafe Store, it turned out so good. She coloured her with Prismas & OMS...Kendra is really rockin' the prismas lately!! Check out Kendra's cool coffee filter flowers, she learned how to make at our neighbourhood craft store (for real not at Kendra's craft room across the street ) ...I think this just might be an idea for a tutorial Kendra...hint hint. She also added gold 3D glitter accents on the petals. I love the papers she chose they compliment each other so well. Check out her detail with the cut out stamped leaves.



Here's a close up of the flowers, I can't wait to try them. The sentiment Kendra did is computer generated, available soon at the cafe.

Kendra really outdid her self this weekend, here's one more she created.


Kendra tried a cool but simple technique, she clear embossed on patterned paper & also stamped in white then clear embossed to get this unique flowered dress, then she cut them out. This card turned out soooo cute, I wish she had done it sooner. I could have used this for when my twin neices were born ... add an "s" to girl and taken out the word "a"... I love that new corner flower punch "my friendly neighbourhood craft store" just got in stock...can't wait to try it.


Now for my Mother's Day cards...

This one is for my mom...I justy love how it turned out. I used the "Mums" image from the Cafe store. The beautiful ribbon is available at "my friendly neighbourhood craft store" not sure what kind?? I colored the "Mums" with water color pencils. Sentiment is computer generated with the edges inked with 2 different greens, 1 chalk, 1 just pigment ink, a few pearls and DP from my stash.



This one is for my MIL...it's kind of my first Monochromatic & CAS all in one.


It's hard to tell from these pics...but the card stock is kind of an eggplent/dark plum colour. I coloured my Lillies available at the Cafe Store with copics and water colour pencils...I'm really happy how it turned out, Joe's mom will love it! I used 2 blue flowers and inked them with purple chalk ink with a pearl brad in the center and two more pearl drops in the bottom corner. The sentiment is inked in 2 colours of chalk ink. Then I used my embossing ink pen on the edge and used my rainbow glitter embossing powder, had to go over it a few times, it turned out so good.


Now onto the Tek Tuesday technique for this week...

I stumbled upon this tutorial for an Etched glass window from one of our fabulous follower's blogs ...

Our Cafe follower Jennifer Juniper has a funky blog with lots of cool stuff on it, you have to check it out. Here's the link for the Etched glass Tutorial that Jennifer had featured found at the blog called At second Street ... These two blogs are just awesome you have to go check them out. This technique is not paper crafting, but it is done using a DP as a stencil. This etched window idea would make a great gift idea, my Mom would have loved this for Mother's day...maybe next year.

Well that's it today for Tek Tuesday... remember our 30% discount code is still available for our blog hop, good until Friday at midnight (technically Saturday).

Chat with you later!

Kelly (& Kendra)

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful cards Kelly and Kendra!!
    I agree we need a tutorial on how to make those stunning coffee filter flowers.

    ReplyDelete