Sunday, May 31, 2009

Charisma Cardz: Going Dotty #21 & NAME THAT FAIRY!

Hi again, boy oh boy 3 challenges in 3 days, what is up with me?! I'm soooo exicted about this card... I used a lot of my stash AND my cricut (he he he - seems I don't do that much these days, but it was fun!).

Well, I used another to-be-released image from The Character Cafe... I just can't enough of these little ones (a bit biased, but oh well). I even stayed up late last night drawing more! I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do :) This little one has a mouth... I seem to be adding them when it suits the character so we'll see. For the first little bit, I'm pondering the option of having both ways for sale so that you all can comment on which you prefer or let us know through purchases. Do you think that's cheesy? Let us know please!

I've been working with a few people who have been giving some honest feedback on our images and the likes/dislikes and so I'm thinking of re-vamping a few images changing little things like eyes, nose, mouth and such to see what your response is.... If you would like to see or not see something on one of our images, let us know and we'll play with it! We would honestly LOVE nothing more than your frank opinions (bet you don't hear that very often huh?!).

Anyway, on to the challenge (for some reason, I'm battling verbal diarrhea lately!)... This is for Charisma Cardz Challenge #21, Going Dotty


Okay, so I'm liking most of this card. When I was making it, I REALLY wanted to use my sewing machine (I've never done that before - *gasp* I know) for the paper and I sooooo wish I took the time to do it as I think it would be a totally different and wonderful effect (oh well, live and learn right?). I also used some pot pourri for the "flower" at the top of the card... I kept thinking about the things I would use on my little fairy sculpts and so why not? In keeping with that sculpting supplies theme, I used microbeads and chunky glitter for the wings (thought about breaking out the fantasy film, but we'll leave that for another card). I used a dahlia svg made by one of the members of my cricut groups (for the life of me, I can't remember who, but thank you!) and I made the word Believe with inkscape and cut them both with Sure Cuts Alot (gotta love that!). I then painted the text (cut from a granola bar box!) with my shimmery permenamel paints (again a fairy supply). I used some distress ink, acrylic rhinestones (as usual!LOL), sakura glitter pen, Basic Grey brad, and paper from my stash.
Last, but not least, I used this little Fairy whom I had named "Alyssa" after my sister, but I drew one last night that is oh so much more suited to the name.

So, I would like to ask you all to "Name That Fairy"... sounds like fun right?!

Leave me a post with a name suggestion and on Sunday (June 7th) we will put all the names in a hat and draw... the winner will receive this fairy named after their suggestion FREE!

Yay... I'm super excited :)
Well, I'm off to play "spa" with my kids
Until next time, Happy Crafting
Kendra

P.S. Don't forget to become a follower and stay updated on new releases and search for a Design Team...

18 comments:

  1. Cute card, Kendra!! I think this fairy should be named "Allie". :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty hun!!!! I know what you mean about the sewing machine, I sooo want to try it, and have 2. But they need to have the spool holder thingy fixed...lol

    I love the fairy you drew, and I think she should be named Cherish!!!:)

    Have a wonderful day!!

    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful Cheryl, I think you should call her Nissa meaning "A friendly elf". Oh she is so sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra,
    The fairy is adorable. My suggestion for a name is Fleurette.
    PS....I like the other two suggestions too!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she looks like a Marimosa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty image! I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the name Nissa for her. She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohh, I think Kari Fairy would really fit her! She is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fabulous. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think she is adorable with a bit of a mischievous look, like she has a secret. I think her name should be Fay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable fairy! I like the name Fiona.

    I keep wanting to try sewing on my cards too, maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card adorable new fairy. I would name her Tammy Twinkling Toes. Hugs,Ina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card and what a lovely little fairy, I think she suits 'Melinda'. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.

    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable card.

    M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Because she looks like an angel and her wings are more 'angel' like than 'fairy' like, I would name her Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wonderful card with great colors and Details. The Image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenges.....

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors! I think Fayree would be cute for her name.

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete