Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tek Tuesday… a little late

Hey bloggers, hope you all are well (unlike me!)… I have a nasty cold with a sinus headache and well, boo hoo, I’m sick!

Having said that, Kelly and I really wanted to share with you a tutorial on how those little coffee filter flowers were made.  Those of you that were interested, probably already found a tutorial out there somewhere, but just in case you’re like me and you need it put right in front of you….  Here you go!

I used a Marvy Punch for mine, but I think you could probably use just about anything that strikes your fancy.  I also like that she spritzes (is that a word or just spelled awfully wrong? LOL) her coffee filters with misters full of a dropper of re-inker and the rest water… looks very vibrant!  Anyway, thanks to Sherry Cheever for her fab tutorial.

If you would like to have custom flowers but like the look of paper flowers that you purchase… check out the tutorial on Paper Craft Planet.  I was just there and wow, these babies are CUTE and BEAUTIFUL!  It seems pretty easy too.  (The tutorial is by Jacquie Heffner, from afterhoursstamper.com)

Well, the crafting around here has come to a slow roll.  My girls had a tae kwon do tournament this weekend which we prepared for all last week (or so it seemed!).  Glad to say that my 5 year old got a 1st in sparring and a 4th in patterns and my 7 year old got a 3rd in sparring and a 2nd in patterns… I’m so proud of them.  Troupers… my 7 year old was on the mat for around 3 1/2 hours… yes, you read that right… poor thing had full sparring gear on for about 2 hours since they had trouble with the computer at her mat!  She had that kind of experience last tournament too… one of these days, she’ll have smooth sailing LOL

So, the only creation I have to share with you is of a kind of re-make of Kelly’s.  The last time she used our Monster Gift image we didn’t get to take pics so we were sure to get them this time.  It’s not quite the same as before, but it’s pretty darned close and still great if you ask me!  We actually used fish tank gravel for the embellies… thought ourselves pretty creative with that one!  Here it is…

MonsterPicand a close up (ain’t he cute?!)MonsterCloseup  Monster Gift is available at The Character Cafe Store if you love him (like I do!).

Anyway, my pillow is screaming my name so I’d better run.

Happy crafting!

Kendra (&Kelly)

No comments:

Post a Comment