Friday, December 17, 2010

Feature Friday Challenge – Shiny/Foil

Welcome bloggers!  First off, let us just say thank you to everyone who participated last week.  I know it seems to pale in comparison to some blog challenges out there, but we had a whopping 70 participants!!!  That’s a record here at TCC, so YIPPEE!!!!

On to the WINNER….

#40 MARIA MATTER

Congrats Maria, we will be in touch with your $5 Gift Certificate to the Cafe Store!  If you see this, and haven’t heard from us, please send us an e-mail…

Now for this weeks’ challenge… we want you to use Shiny material like foil or glitter paper, anything that has a mirror-like finish…

So to help inspire you, our fabulous DT came up with these creations…

Joyce

 

Cleota

FFDecCleota

Nancy

FFDecNancy

DJ

FFDecDJ

Georgia

FFDecGeorgia

 Deanette (not sure what happened to your picture last night?!  Trying it again)

100_2291[2]

Jessica

FFDecJessica

and of course, Lola!

FFDecLola

We hope that you find some time to play along in what we realize is a super busy season for most of you out there.

Up for grabs is a $5.00 Gift Certificate to the Cafe Store and a blog badge for you!

 

Well, this is the point in our post that we bring to you some important news for the future of The Character Cafe.  Kelly and I have been drawing for the Cafe for a few months shy of 2 years now and while we’ve enjoyed it tremendously, we are finding it harder and harder to find time to complete our images, let alone participate in our groups and getting to know you all. 

We recruited Fink to help us out and while she took on all that we asked of her, it seemed that the time she freed up for our drawing ended up being needed elsewhere in our lives.

It was with heavy hearts that we had to come to terms with the fact that there really aren’t enough hours in the day and it just isn’t feasible for us to take on another Design Team at this time.  So, we have informed our current (and wonderful) Design Team that the last 2 weeks of December are voluntary.

After that, the Cafe Store will remain open and we are here for customer service, but we will not be drawing any new images starting Jan. 2011.  Our blog will also remain as Kelly and/or I may wish to pop in and say hi, or you never know…

We want to thank our friends/supporters from the bottom of our hearts for the past 2 years of crafty goodness and we will definitely be seeing you in blogville!!!

As a thank you, we are also putting all Cafe images on sale for $1 only… get them while you can ladies!!!

Happy crafting,

Sincerely,

Kendra (& Kelly)

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely challenge and what lovely DT cards. I have only recently come across your challenge blog. I understand wholeheartedly how there are not enough hours in the day to do the things we want at times. I wish you both the best of luck.

    Here is my card for this challenge

    Best wishes

    Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone did a wonderful job on their cards. My email account with hotmail has been compromised, and I cannot use it at the present time. If you get an email saying I need money and am stranded, only the part about needing money is correct - LOL. I'm so ill at myself for falling for this scam. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used mirror card to make my napkin rings here x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this challenge, I so loved the chance to use the foil I keep saving and putting through inside embossing folders - just because I love how great it look s lol. Lovely inspirational cards. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendra and Kelly,

    I don't know if you get e-mail notifications on your blog posts or not, but I had to stop by. I have been wondering how The Character Cafe is doing, as you and Kelley were my very favorite Image Store owners I ever worked for. I do miss my time on your team and think back very fondly of the begginings of TCC and our first team.

    I know that you guys both stopped by my blog a couple of times since I had Meadow and left me some sweet love on a post or card.

    I read all the final posts TCC put up and visited the store. I hope both of you are doing well I miss you and I do miss TCC I am still so honored and proud I got to be a part of it for the first 9 months you were drawing!!!

    Love to you both sweet ladies thank you for your support and kindness!!!!

    Heather Schlatter - Former TCC DT girl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete