Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tek Tuesday with Meredith!! Swing Card Tutorial!!!


Hello Everyone!!! Welcome to another awesome Tek-Tuesday!! This week I am bringing you a SWING or FLIP-FLOP card. I tried VERY hard to photograph measurements and each step, however...I was having a hard time as I was trying to figure it out as I went so my pictures were not coming out as I had hoped. Thankfully Beate Johns at SCS (she's GENIUS!) has a wonderful tutorial - which is where I learned to make this and the template above is also attached to the SCS link I've provided you. The template above is very simple and easy to work with. You will need the following to create the base:
  • Pencil
  • Trimmer
  • Ruler
  • Scoring Blade or Scor-Pal
  • Cardstock for base
For decorating:
  • Assorted cardstock for decorating
  • Any embellishments
  • 2 images or an image and a sentiment or which ever combination you'd like
I had decided that I really wanted to go with a Valentine's Theme but with a really vintage vibe. So I had to truly beat up my images!! My sentiment was colored in MS Paint, heavily distressed with my hands and then with ink and then coated in a heavy coat of Crackle Glaze and set to dry overnight. The bee image (which is RIDICULOUSLY CUTE) was distressed with a sanding block, lightly inked over and crumpled up a bit. I used my clear Stickles to coat his wings in to make them pop. I used a variety of old vintage reproduction cards that I cut up and pieced around the edges, a few embellishments that have been needing a home and voila! It all came together.
The thing I like most about this card is that it really is minimal work with a huge WOW factor.

So fun!!

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and thank you again to SCS and Beate Johns for the ever so detailed information!!

Have a great week everyone!!

XOXO-
Meredith

2 comments:

  1. OMG Meredith... so beautiful!!! You're right, seems pretty straight forward, but definitely packs a punch. I LOVE it, it rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what size card stock do you use?
    is it the a5 size?

    ReplyDelete