Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Charisma Cardz Challenge #14 & sneak peek!

Hey, I'm not imaginary after all... I managed to finally enter a challenge using one of our new images we're adding to The Cafe tomorrow! Kendra's been trying to convince me to enter this world of blogging and challenges but up until now, I've been able to avoid it... she got me though. I was excited to colour "Syd Nutty" and I found the challenge to use Purple and Green at Charisma Cardz something that was simple enough for me to wet my feet with and so I took the plunge and here I am. Here is my card.

Isn't he cute!? I had so much fun colouring him with my watercolours I can't wait to do another project (shhhh... don't tell Kendra!). I have to say that I did try Kendra's copic markers on a second image of Syd that I printed, but they just weren't working for me. I guess I'm partial to my faithful watercolour pencils. I'd need a lot more practice with the copics to even think about showing you all what I've created! That's the perfectionist in me speaking I guess.

For this card, I watercoloured Syd Nutty from The Character Cafe (due in the store TOMORROW!), used Rob & Bob Studio Paper, some flocking (my 1st attempt at it) for the flower centers, and a few little acrylic hearts from my stash. Simple, but effective I think... and it is my first attempt! I'm pretty pleased with it though.

Well, I've got to finish up a few things for tomorrow still and so that's it for today... but I'll be back for another challenge at some point I'm sure (Kendra won't let me stay away now...).

Happy crafting!

Kelly... "the imaginary illustrator" ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love this image really cute. Fab card.Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  2. A VERY cute card!!!! Love the chipmunk!!!
    Penny Duncan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.... that is my favorite image yet~Your coloring is just fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw. look at him, he's soooooo cute!!Loe the colouring too

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete