Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dare U 2 Digi BLING Challenge

Hope you all had a wonderful long weekend and stuff yourselves full of good food and company! I know I had my fill and the kids played hard all weekend with the other neighbourhood kids and boy were they dirty! I think the saying is that a dirty kid is a happy kid??? Mine were tickled pink to have friends over all weekend that's for sure.

Anyway, on to business... I had such fun last week with the Dare U 2 Digi challenge that I knew I'd be back :) This weeks challenge was BLING... and do I like that idea!!! I immediately thought of using Cheerleader Lexi. I figured what better pom poms than glittery ones! I have to say I had fun doing this one.

For my sculpting, I had purchased a whole box of glitter and microbeads which got little use before it got packed away, but it's unpacked now. It felt so good to let the glitter fly today!!! I even used my cricut to cut the pom pom pieces using the .svg file that comes with Lexi so it really was easy peasy (lemon squeezy as my 6 yr old says!)... I then used my zig pen to paint them and added the glitter! I left the poms uncoloured underneath because I really wanted them to stand out, but I might colour them, not quite sure yet... I kinda like it this way... I think I'll just make another card and see how it looks the other way to compare (yeah, that's it!). Anyway, if you're wondering, I used glue dots to hold the poms just in the middle (under the rhinestone) so they're curled up and away from the card... soooo much cuter in person! Oh, I guess you might want to see the pic!!! LOL, sorry


I left the space above Lexi for a greeting/sentiment... but in my case, a name (I have 2 dd's that attend tons of birthdays and I think a personalized card will be great for that... I just have to wait to see whose birthday is next!)

The details... I used Cheer Lexi from The Character Cafe coloured with Copics, paper from DCVW Glitter Stack, stamp letters from Studio G coloured with copics, stickles, and glitter and acrylic rhinestones from my stash. Pretty simple huh?! I think there's a birthday girl somewhere who'll love this card, I know I do :)

Big News!!! Kelly is actually doing a challenge this week too (I've introduced her to the "dark side"... blogs - I'm addicted, reading more than writing but addicted none-the-less - and she took the plunge!) I can't wait to see what she has to post tomorrow. She's using one of our new releases but I haven't seen what she did yet, so I'm excited for tomorrow to come quickly!

Well, thanks for stopping by, I'm off to get some more work done! Be sure to stop by tomorrow for Kelly's sneak peek here and over at The Craft Addict blogspot where I'll be showing off the second of our new release images due out on Thurs. April 16!
Until then, happy crafting!!!!
Kendra

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, great bling, love those pom poms
    Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kendra using a smashin image and plenty of bling. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kendra and you rocked the bling girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card and a great image.
    Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kendra...beautiful card,such a cute image and a great use of bling,thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Card - good use of the bling and what a wicked image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great backing paper and those pom poms look great all 'blinged' up.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is great! I like the pom poms. can't wait to try that. Love your copic skill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really cute! I love how you did the pom poms!

    ReplyDelete