Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tek Tuesday with Meredith! All In One Pocket Card!

Hello Everyone!! Welcome back after the longggggggggggggggg holiday break!!! I'll start the new year off with an easy peasy pocket card!! I know it may seem SUPER simple to some of you but I'm still wading into the waters of tutorials so for anyone 'new' joining us don't be intimidated by tuts...they are super helpful and so inspiring!!

Again, I do research to find just the right thing to present every other week so this week I was thrilled to see that one of my stamping idols, Nichole Heady from PTI has posted her tutorials as links for anyone to download on her blog.

I used the pocket card and I am THRILLED at how cute it came out and how easy it is!!

Step 1: Cut your cardstock at 6.5 x 5.5

Step 2: Score vertically at 2.75"
Step 2: Score Horizontally at 2.5
Step 3: Remove lower left hand square

Step 4: Corner round lower right hand corner (you could use an embellished punch as well)

Step 5: Add adhesive tape to either side of your "pocket"
Step 6: Adhere your pocket
Step 7: Decorate!

I used Party Bernard Bear as my image. I colored him with my Copics and my Sakura gel pens for a bit of sparkle. I backed him with the flip side of the background DP with the clouds on it. I tied a matching buttony bow and voila!! Super cuteness, no? ;)

I used mine as a money holder but you could use it for gift cards, bookmarks, coupons for good behavior, etc!!
I hope you enjoyed my tutorial!!

Here is the link to the template: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2007/02/1.html

If you scroll down to the bottom of that post you'll see a .pdf file that you can save to your computer.

Happy Tek Tuesday everyone!!!

XOXO
Meredith

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe it was time to get back to this! Great tutorial! Love it and glad you shared it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute!!!! LOVE the tutorial and the end result is lovely. I HAVE to try this one out! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the turtorial, thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT TUT! Love it... easy peasy, looks great and is super useful. Going to be making these myself soon :) Love your end result too Meredith, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Tutorial Meredith!! Could have used this before Christmas....ooh maybe I'll get ahead of the game with Lola and start early for next Christmas..hee,hee.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete