Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial - Gift Bag/Box

Hi and welcome to my first Character Cafe Tuesday Tutorial of 2010,

Supplies required for this gift box/bag are
8.5" x 11" piece of card,
Ribbon, scoring tool, scissors, hole punch, edging punch, and a Character Cafe Image.
I have used the poinsettia.
Down the long side of the card score at 2", 5", 7", and 10"
then down short side of card score at 2" and 7",
as above photo.
then cut along the two inch line leaving just one flap,
as the photo shows below.



Also cut down the score lins as shown below.
so this can be folded to make the base of the box.

On the single flap you did not cut off, I used a edging punch to make a fancy edge.


I have used double sided tape to show you where to stick,
this is one side where I have stuck on the side edge and along the two edges of the main bottom piece.

Then on the inside of the other large bottom piece.
I would have usually used wet glue here,
Stick the side of the box/bag together first, then the bottom that has the two rows of the tape on,
so that the two side flaps stick to this, then the other large bottom piece which covers the rest.


I used my hole punch to put two holes in the flap,
marked these with a pencil onto the front of the box/bag, and then hole punched them out as well, so they lined up.



I printed out two of the character cafe poinsettia coloured them using my whispers pens,
cut the flower part out, and using double sided pads, or pop dots and made it into a decoupaged topper.


Stuck the Character Cafe Poinsettia image to the front of the box/bag and thread matching ribbon through and tied into a bow.

And this is the finished product, ideal for all kinds of gifts,
Hope you found this tutorial helpful.


Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday,
Thanks for stopping by,
Hugs
Lilacanglia
x X x

4 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fab Angie!! I LOVE this!! TFS!!!! I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of soooo many reasons to use this template!!!!! I love love love it... sweet, simple and looks great :) Fantastic Angie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I will be checking back to use this template for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie what a fab tutorial, I wish my computer worked down in the shed, so that I can follow this whilst doing it.....Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete